First Assignment- Bitmap Mario



What's up guys? That thing up there is my very first Graphic Design assignment, and I think i did pretty well!
I made this bitmap in Photoshop over the first week of school here at Aptos High. My teacher had us all use his bitmap as a reference as we used a grid tool and a fill color tool at 100% opacity. The canvas was set to 12x16 pixels at 72dpi, and we utilized a grid set at 1 pixel by 1 subdivision and brought our brush sizes down to 1 pixel at 100% opacity. From there it was pretty simple to recreate Mario with a good deal of accuracy. After we were done, my teacher had us all scale the image up and save it to Web and Devices, making a point to remind us to select Nearest Neighbor when doing so, so that the hard edges would be preserved.
I had a lot of fun making this assignment because I felt like I had learned so much! This project made me more excited to work hard and experience this class. Let's hope I do as well next time!

-Jacob

Comments

Popular Posts